Private Pilot Certificate
- You can start flying at any age. However, need to be at least 16 years old to apply for Student Pilot Certificate and 17 years old to apply for Private Pilot Certificate
- Read, speak and write English
- Pass FAA Private Pilot Written Exam
- FAA minimum of 40 hours, national average is 65 hours of flight time.
- At least 20 hours with instructor and 10 hours of solo flight time
- 3 hours of cross-country training (>50nm distance between two airports)
- 3 hours of instrument training (flying by reference to flight instruments)
- 5 hours of solo cross-country flight time
- Act as Pilot-In-Command (PIC) of an aircraft carry passengers or property (not for compensation or hire).
*For more information also see Private Pilot FAQ’s